Thursday 13 May 2010

*Ronnie Relaxing* and Challenges

I'll be the first to admit that my supply of digi-images is limited and those that I do have on my PC are for the most part, blog challenge prizes.  This is partly because I prefer the process of physically inking up and stamping my choice of images, but to be honest there are so many digi-images online that are free to download, I haven't seen any reason to dip into my purse to purchase any.  Until now that is!
After seeing Emma's charity appeal to raise funds for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance following the tragic loss of her dad last September,  it would've been mean not to help her achieve her target.    
Although I missed the deadline of 5th May for her challenge, her fundraising is ongoing and she is currently offering 4 Alota Rubberstamps as tempting blog candy.  CLICK HERE for the details.
I did want to show the card I made using her 'Relaxing Ronnie' image and highlight her appeal to any who may have missed it and want to help.  For further details of Emma's YAA appeal CLICK HERE or alternatively click on the image on my sidebar.
I coloured him with Promarkers and used coordinating patterned papers from Papermania Pad - The Big One matted onto card in various brown shades and gold mirri leaving a narrow border each time.   

I'll be entering this card into the following challenges:
Crafter's Companion Challenge 9 - Monotone
Stampin' for the Weekend - Card for a Male
Paperplay Challenges - Brown and ?

11 comments:

Irene said...

Hello Max

Wow this is just so cute and adorable. I love your mix and match of papers and what a fabby layout.

I'm hibernating in the craft room away from the mess.

luv
irene
xxxx

Annie said...

wow Max totally agree with what you said about digis and stamping. I prefer stamping too but digis are good is you need something fast or want to resize.
I love Pollycraft stuff and this image is just fantastic especially as it is being sold for such a good cause.
Love how you have used it. Those papers look fantastic.
Ann xxx

Daniele said...

oh this is such a great card thanks for joining us at IACCC hugs x

Julie M said...

Great card, Max - super male card colours - and a good cause too!

Thanks for taking part in my challenge on PaperPlay this week.

Julie :o)

tracy said...

that is soo cool and your colour schemes is spot on , i dont often work with browns,
t xxx

Susan.... said...

Another great card Max ! Love the image and papers you have used !
Hugs
susan x

Teri said...

That's a cute card hun. Love all the browns.
Thanks for sharing with us at IACCCB this week.
Hugs,
Teri x

Mummylade said...

fantastic colours and fabulous colouring! Thank you so much for joining the SFTW challenge this time, good luck.

Unknown said...

Oh Max this is a gorgeous card. I've got this cute image too. Thanks playing along with IACCCB
hugs
Ildiko

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card, love the papers and the image.
Thanks for joining us at Paper Play
hugs Mandy xx

Emma said...

Aw thank you so much Max for your post, written so well.
Your ''Ronnie'' card is just gorgeous, I love the colours and yummy papers.
More candy coming very soon....
Hugs Emma x