Sunday 30 May 2010

Quick and Easy Elegance

Today is my sister-in-law's birthday and the card I made for her uses a QVC Kanban kit bought earlier this year.  The quality of these kits is second to none, and the contents include highly reflective, metallic embossed cardstock in various beautiful colours, matching glittered acetate, ribbons, toppers and frames.   The only thing missing was a pack of envelopes, but as plain white A5 envelopes are readily available in all supermarkets and stationers it's only a little niggle and not worth making a fuss about.  
Whilst I feel slightly extravagant having used a whole A4 sheet folded in half for the base card, I must admit it makes a very elegant and expensive looking card.   Just check out the reflective finish ... it's blinding!
The matching toppers and frames are just as beautifully embossed as the cardstock so a few foam pads are all that's needed to complete a gorgeous card.  
Quick ... Easy ... and Oh So Elegant.
Hopefully my card qualifies for the following challenges ... 
Totally Papercrafts 18 - Monochromatic
My Time To Craft 93 - Vivid Greetings Cards
A Spoonful of Sugar 105 - Celebrations
Tanda Stamps - Go Large

4 comments:

jackiescrafts said...

A beautiful elegant card Max, I'm sure your Sister in law will love it

Hugs Jackie x

Mel X said...

Hiya Max, gorgeous card Max, perfect for this challenge. Love shimmery colour and beautiful image.

Thanks for joining us this week at Totally Papercrafts and good luck in the draw.

Mel X

Lorraine A said...

oohh WOW !! absolutely stunning card Max :-) very stylish :-)

thanks for joining the Totally Papercrafts Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x

sue law said...

Fab colours Max..know what you mean about big....A5 is huge for me too! Wendy had me in quite a panic when she told me it was extra large!
Thanks for joining in with the Tanda Teaser this week!
Sue
x