Friday 7 May 2010

Bah! Humbug! Challenge 17 - Christmas Food

I decided to do something completely different for the challenge at Bah! Humbug! this week and the theme of 'Christmas Food' gave me the perfect opportunity to have a wee play with a template I bought recently from Claire Brennan at Waltzing Mouse Stamps.    
I wasn't sure whether the printer would choke if I tried to print directly onto the cardstock 'cos it's a bit old and slightly temperamental like me, so I printed onto normal copier paper and then drew round it onto my chosen card before cutting out with a craft knife and scissors.  Obviously this method is a little more time consuming and I'm not the most patient of people, but it was worth it on this occasion to avoid the risk of killing the printer.
So here is the result of my efforts - a lovely slice of Christmas Cake, complete with Jingly Bells and snowflake decoration, which will probably be filled with some gorgeous treats for a special someone when the time comes.  
Had I had more patience - more time - sufficient quantities of the same paper and cardstock, then I may have been tempted to make a whole cakeBut I didn't ... so a slice is all I managed this time.
However, I thought it would be a cool idea to have a complete cake as a centrepiece on the table so that your Christmas Day dinner guests could help themselves to a slice.  Wouldn't that be a nice alternative to crackers ... especially if you popped a wee gift inside?  
Or you could make smaller versions and personalise them to use as place markers instead.  
I can see this template being used for a multitude of different occasions.  Imagine how impressed your kids friends would be if they received a slice of beautifully decorated cake as an alternative to a goodie bag after a birthday party.  In fact this template could be useful for any special occasion and by varying the print size you could create multi-tiered versions too for weddings.

Hope my project has got the creative juices going for you and will tempt you into joining in with our Bah! Humbug! Challenge.  If not ... then maybe the fabby monthly prize on offer will sway you into having a go.  
Pop over and have a gander at what my fellow Bah! Humbuggers! Ann and Irene have been up to this week and also give a warm welcome to our very first Monthly Guest Designer Steph who has a delicious card and recipe to share with everyone.  
Just realised that Rosie D's current challenge is 'So Yummy' so I reckon this scrummy cake is worth entering.

9 comments:

Irene said...

Mornig Max

Oh this is just fabulous - I love it and what a fantastic idea. I've seen the template and thought should I but after seeing your project the answer is YES.

Max this is just perfect. Thank you so much for the many ideas also. Hope you are feeling a bit better today.


luv
irene
xxxx

Annie said...

Max this is just fabulous - what a clever idea - I really like the idea of a central one on the Christmas table or any party for that matter.
You star.
Ann xxx

the crafty duck said...

Hi Max, love your slice of cake! What a fabby idea, so handy for many occasions, lot sof love Steph

tracy said...

great idea and it looks great too
lol t xxx

Pink Dandelion said...

Wow what a fabulous project, I love the idea of having the full cake to give out to dinner guests. Might just 'pinch' that one.
Debs xx

Unknown said...

MAX this is fab!!! your ideas are great, guess what will be on my Christmas table this year God willing!!!! I love how you made this up for christmas it's beautiful!!!

Saskia said...

Thanks for joining us at Rosie-D's Challenge with this lovely work!! So beautiful and so elegant!

Greetings, Saskia :)

Mervi said...

So lovely and elegant!
Thanks for sharing this with us
at Rosie D's Challenge and
good luck;-))m

Tracy said...

Yummy creation, Thanks for joining Rosie-D’s challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x