Friday 21 May 2010

Bah! Humbug! Challenge 19 - Ribbons Galore

This week's Bah! Humbug! Challenge to use Ribbons gave me the opportunity to finally use up some of the scraps of ribbon that we all have in our stash.  Y'know ... the bits that aren't long enough to tie bows with but which you can't bear to throw away.  Hands up 'cos I know you're all guilty of the same thing.
Last Christmas I used ribbon strips folded in half to create a Ribbon Tree Card which was a very planned project - using the same ribbon throughout, all placed in graduated tiers from the bottom upwards - and although, I was pleased with the finished result, I didn't want to repeat it again.  
This time I wanted a more random mix'n'match effect ... and I have to say I really like how it turned out. 
Yesssss ... I know it's not a tree, but in my opinion, the wreath worked better because the strips I was using were all different widths and lengths ... and well ... more random!  I simply made loops and than applied them randomly to a card ring using a tiny blob of silicon glue.   Cool huh?
Hope you like my effort this week but if it doesn't quite 'do it for you' then I'm sure the Bah! Humbug! DT will be able to inspire you with their wonderful projects.  Pop over for a peek and if you fancy joining in with our ribbon challenge then I can guarantee you'll be given a very warm welcome. 
Fortunately the dimension created using this technique qualifies entry to Charisma Cardz Challenge 20 - 3D this week and it is also a VERY belated submission to Fab's Big Christmas Card Challenge from a couple of weeks ago when the theme was wreaths.
Every now and then I manage to get there on time but I think Fab now expects that I will be late.

12 comments:

Annie said...

wow it does it for me Max - I love it. Much better than the tree I think and I did sneak back to take a peak.
Very creative use of ribbons - you're a super star.
Ann xxx

Pink Dandelion said...

What a great idea, you are so clever. Good luck with the challenge. Debs xx

Susan.... said...

Good morning Max,

What a fantastic idea ! looks absolutely stunning !
Hope you and the family are all well..
Hugs
susan x

Cambiel said...

Wonderful card Max! The ribbons look great, and the colours are so warm and elegant at the same time :-)

the crafty duck said...

Hi Max, what an elegant card!! I love it and the ribbon wreath is fabby!! Lots of love Steph

Aquarius said...

What a great way of using up the ribbon scraps - no problem that it's not a tree a wreath is good!! Off to go through my ribbons now for ideas.

Fab said...

Wow Max that's a total stunner ! Just love the idea of weaving paper like that to create that gorgeous wreath. Max don't worry too much to keep up with all the challenges...I struggle myself ! LOL So post whenever you want and can. X Fab

Faye said...

My hand is up! In fact, they both are!. Max, this is just such a lovely card and brilliant idea. Thanks for playing at Charisma. x

Leanne said...

WOW This is FANTASTIC!!

Thank you for joining us at Charisma - good luck!

I also have candy on my blog, 3 Magnolia Fairytale Stamps if you would like to enter, here is the link.

Leanne xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Fab idea and card. Love it. No one would ever know it was from ribbon scraps. It looks fabulous and very professionally done. Cathy xxxx

Irene said...

Hello Amx

What a fabulous and gorgeous card, I just LOVE, LOVE the ribbon.

Sorry I've been AWOL.

luv
irene
xxxx

Anne said...

Ooooh Max it does it for me! What a wonderful idea and a beautiful card. Off to find your tree now. Hugs xx