Monday 25 May 2009

Floral Fancy

Just Another Manic Monday ...
... but I managed to find time to make a card this afternoon and I'm hoping it will be eligible for a couple of challenges.
The layout for the card was determined by The Pink Elephant Challenge 16 which is to follow a great sketch by Robin this week. As always the Design Team over there have provided some fabby inspiration.

The theme this week at One Stop Craft Challenge 30 is 'Vintage' ... so hopefully I can do a double whammy and enter this card for both challenges without breaking any rules.

The background paper is from a DCWV card kit stack and the flowers are Prima to which I have added liquid pearls in the centre.
The vintage image is from a free image site and has been mounted on scalloped gold mirri card. I decided to add some 'faux stitching' by piercing holes around the outer edge and then drawing lines with a gel pen.

16 comments:

Carol said...

Gorgeous Max!! I love how you've done the centres of the flowers :)
Such a pretty card.....thanks for joining us at TPE....

Hugs
Carol x

Wiccababe said...

beautiful card Max, I love the vintage-ness - is that a word?? lol
have a nice day xx

LORi said...

Oh How Beautiful Max!!!!

Irene said...

Hello Max

What a fabulous card,, and all those Prima flowers wow !!!!!!
Love the image, she is gorgeous.

luv
irene
xxxx

Annie said...

Great card Max and it's so good to see you back in action in the challenges again.

Love that vintage image combined with the stitching - great effect.

Ann xxx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

An incredibly pretty card Max. The flowers are beautiful and so is the image. I love the papers. Thanks for joining the One Stop Craft Challenge.
Sharon xx

Kim Dellow said...

I just adore this Max, love the image. I have some vintage images that I keep wanting to use and am not getting around to. Thanks for the inspiration I really must go use them! Kim

Unknown said...

Hi Max,

Sorry I haven't been around lately I have been a bit poorly and not able to do much.

Your cards are wonderful loving the 40 card and bag

Love Dawn xx

tiggertastic said...

ohhhhhh VINTAGE yummy, this is outstanding max, i LOVE everything about this, the image the flowers the papers oh everything

Excellent work my lovely, sarah x

Donna said...

Fantastic Vintage card, I love the flowers bordering the image. Thanks for joining in the one stop craft challenge. Donna x

jude said...

Stunning card Max love the way youve used the sketch.
Hope things wellchat soon hugs judex

Dawn said...

This is such a beautiful card!! I looooooooooove it!!

Just Me said...

GORGEOUS CARD!!

Susan.... said...

Beautiful card Max..the image and colours are fabulous..and the flowers just tie everything together..great work !
Hugs
susan x

Robin said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Max! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at TPE this week!
Robin

neverenoughrubberstamps said...

Absolutely Gorgeous Card Max!
Great layout, great colors and great image!
I loooooooooove Vintage and I just
looooooove this card!!!

Hugs,

Dorothy