Monday 2 June 2008

'Doodles' of Daisy and Cupcakes

'Tiggertastic' ... aka Sarah ... is a fellow member (and extremely generous RAK sender) from CB forum who just happens to be a multi talented crafter too.
Just check out her blog HERE and you'll see what I mean.

She recently did some 'Doodling' ... personally I prefer to call it art, but it's all down to perception isn't it? ... and she invited the CB members to have a play with her images.

Here are a couple of cards I made using 2 of them. Thanks Sarah xxx They were very easy to play with.

Black versamark ink was used on a scroll stamp and then stamped randomly on the textured orange base card.
I then added some white 'doodle swirls' with my gel pen, in an attempt to match with the swirls on the orange background paper, onto which I'd printed Sarah's doodle daisy. I also decided that white was all the colour needed for the 'Daisy Doodle.' This was then matted and layered onto black and yellow cardstock.

The cupcakes were printed onto green floral paper, and then red glitter glue was used to colour the cherries, silver for the icing, (which overran a bit because I hadn't allowed enough drying time ... whoops!), and the yellow sponge was paper pieced from another printed sheet.
A vertical strip was cut from the card face and a semi~circle was cut away using decorative edged scissors.

*Note To Self: I really will need to invest in a circle punch for better results.*
Rub on words from my stash and paper flowers in pink and green were layered, cut in half and glued top and bottom of the front, with a couple of gems for the finishing touch.
The background papers used were courtesy of the free Crafts Beautiful pattern pack downloads.

6 comments:

Classroomfree said...

wowzer hun, they are FABulous!!

Sarah will love them, I know I do :o)

Huge hugs
Jules x

Wendi said...

Love them Max very very pretty
especially like the Daisy Doodle and the colours of this card

Twiggy said...

Blimey you've been busy. Lovely cards, you clever lady. Love your RAKS too, aren't those CBers a lovely bunch !
Twiggy x

Lauren said...

WOW Max these are absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!! Sarah will love them! Expecially LOVE the second one but they are both FAB!!

Lots of Love Lauren xx

I ♥ cupcakes to distraction said...

Gorgeous cards Max, I love them both. Well done :)

tiggertastic said...

Hello Sarah here,

..........and yes I LOVE LOVE LOVE the cards you have made Max. They are fantastic.

Thanks so much for using the doodles, the colours is fantastic.

hugs, Sarahx