Sunday 25 July 2010

A Movie Star?

Do you think this dapper chap looks like a movie star from the 50's or 60's?  He reminds me of Cary Grant or Rock Hudson or another of the big movie legends of that era.
His name is Raymond, (apparently), and he's a Kanban decoupage design, (part of a QVC Art Deco card kit bought a while ago), and I'm absolutely convinced the 'Stars of the Silver Screen' had an influence on these designs.
I needed a birthday card for a lovely gentleman who celebrates his 78th birthday next week, so thought this image might make him smile. 
The inside panel is stamped with a simple greeting and decorated with the extra decoupage elements from the sheet.

In complete contrast this rather vibrant card was made for my daughter's friend who celebrated her 15th birthday last week.    
Doesn't need much explaining really does it?
... it's very pink 
... has a gorgeous dramatic black flocked velvet design 
... adhesive gems add a lorra' lorra' bling 
... and a handbag charm is held in place with a gorgeous jewelled brad given to me by my good friend Ann.
What more does a young girl need I ask you?

3 comments:

Annie said...

wow that's one lot of bling Max - bet Naomi's friend was over the moon with that.
Your Raymond guy reminds me of the guy in 'Gone with the Wind' - love that background.
Ann xxx

Max said...

Oh Yes ... Clark Gable

Tasha said...

Cary Grant eat your heart out! What a stunning card and so unique
love tasha xx