Monday 29 June 2009

Floral Birthday

My precious Mum celebrates her birthday tomorrow and she'd be disappointed if I give her a shop bought card so made this one for her using some lovely embossed cardstock from my stash.
Please forgive my camera work because the pictures don't do any justice whatsoever to this fabulous cardstock ... it looks very lush in real life.

The floral image is from Dover Publications and is simply printed onto premium paper, then matted onto heavyweight red card and gold mirri card showing the usual narrow border.
Simple but effective.
I trimmed a panel from the front face and used that to line the inside after wrapping some simple gold ribbon around it.
The greeting panel inside sits snugly behind the main image.

The Pink Elephant Challenge #21 is a colour challenge this week where you have to use a favourite colour combination. Tricky 'cos there are so many fabulous combinations which I love but Red and Gold together always look good to me regardless of the occasion so it's a safe one.

Now all I need to do is find a present for her before tomorrow ... which is easier said than done !
Why are mums always so difficult to buy for???

10 comments:

Carol said...

I aleays think Red & Gold looks very regal, and only Mum's deserve the best! i'm sure she will love it it's a fabulous card.....thanks for playing along :)

Hugs
Carol x

LORi said...

Very elegant and special!! I am sure you Mum will flip for it!!

Thanks for joining us at TPE this week!!

Annie said...

wow Max gorgeous card and your Mum's birthday is on the same day as mine. Only the best people are born on the 30th June!!
Say Happy Birthday from me to her and tell her I'll have a drink to help her celebrate.

Ann xxx

Irene said...

Hello Max

Your card is absoloutely gorgeous, and so elegant. Your Mum will love it.

luv
irene
xxxx

dragonflyjoy said...

Oh Max, what a beautiful card for your mum. I'm sure she will be thrilled as it is so elegant. Oooops, just realised Irene has said the same, well almost, as me. Anyway with two of us thinking the same it definitely MUST be true :-)

love

Joyce xx

jackiescrafts said...

your card is brilliant I'm sure your Mum will love it. I never know what to buy my Mum and if I ask her what she wants she always says nothing. I don't know why they are so difficult
Hugs Jackie

jude said...

Max this is stunning my friend and the colour combo i just love .hard choice this week at Tpe as have so many colour combo's i love.
Im sure your mum will be thrilled to receive such beautiful card!
hope your well
love n hugs judex

Unknown said...

I agree, Max. There are SO many color combos that I love. You chose a beauty. Thanks for creating with us at TPE this week.

Kim Dellow said...

Wow Max, that is a lovely card, she will love it. Hope you had a fabulous day. Kim

Susan.... said...

Great colours and beautiful card !
hugs
susan x