Monday 25 February 2008

Mother's Day Card

It's been almost a week since my last post but then I did warn that the updates would be "as and when" ... so no surprises there.
Having said that I didn't anticipate quite such a long gap ... but here I am now and I do have something to show ... hope it pleases you as much as it does me. As you all know it is Mother's Day on Sunday 2nd March here in UK, and I have made my mum a bookcard.

The papers used are from the Nostalgia Warm range by Papermania and I love the soft, muted tones of this particular rose paper.
The various embellishments are from my craft stash and I'm sorry I have no idea where I got them all from.


I made a little pocket for the hug tag and wrote the message with a permanent black pen and it reads ...
"Nothing matches the comfort of a Mother's warm HUG"
The final pages have a stamped message on pink vellum and there's room for my personal message on the right.


The book pages are bound with brown organza ribbon which was a bargain buy in Kirkcaldy one day ... 5 metres for 50p!! I think it was a mistake by the sales assistant, but I wasn't saying anything.

9 comments:

Tasha said...

Fab work Max! Well done, it looks lovely!

Anonymous said...

That is stunning hun, I'm sure your mum will adore and treasure it.

Well done!

Jules x

Twiggy said...

just gorgeous, i love the vintage papers

Max said...

Thank you ladies for taking time to comment ... I really appreciate the encouragement you give.

LAZY-TROUT said...

Max that is gorgeous - your mum will love it! I love the vintage papers you have used.

Amy said...

Max, that is lovely.

luv Amy xxx

Annie said...

oh that is beautiful Max

Ann xxx

Anonymous said...

You have an award waiting for collection on my blog hun :-)

Max said...

What a lovely surprise Jules ... thankee muchlee xx