Friday 15 October 2010

Bah! Humbug! 40

Hmmmm ... not sure whether it was my fault or Mr. Blogger but my 'scheduled' post was in 'draft' hence it is so late ... apologies for that.  But not to worry - am here now.
The theme at Bah! Humbug! this week had me in a bit of a 'dither' as I very rarely use vellum in my cardmaking.  Not because I don't like it ... and not because I don't have any.  Just because I never quite know what to DO with it.
However, I bit the bullet, dug out some gorgeous foiled vellum and had a wee play which resulted in this vellum tree easel card.
The gold dotty vellum was embossed with the Papermania Swirly Tree and then cut out before being matted onto gold mirri card, which was also cut around leaving a border.  I then added a few amber coloured stars for decoration and set it aside to dry while I made an 8" x 8" easel card blank.   
I had some lovely pearlescent card already picked out which proved perfect for embossing with the Cuttlebug Trees and Snowflakes that I wanted for the decorative strips and it has just a hint of sparkle to catch the light.  Luvverly!
Some luxury gold wire ribbon provides a bow for the top panel and the off cuts of vellum and gold mirri were cut with Nestabilities Stars to fill the space that was not embossed with the trees.   
The final panel was made up using the text vellum matted onto gold mirri and held on with small brads.  I also added some glue where I knew it would be hidden by the tree just to be doubly secure.
So despite my initial reservations, I'm actually quite happy with the final result and would not be embarrassed to send it to someone special this Christmas.
My fellow teamies and our Guest Designer Jenny have also been busy 'pootling' with their vellum, so hop over and see what they've been up to at Bah! Humbug! 
Meanwhile ... I am off to enter my card at  We Are In 2 Crafting ... Are You? because it fits their Christmas themed October Challenge with a recipe of

3 snowflakes (at least) - embossed snowflakes ...  
2 papers - 2 different vellum ...  
1 ribbon - gold wire ribbon

9 comments:

the crafty duck said...

Hi Max, this is gorgeous, love what you have done with the vellum, it is so effective, love Steph

Lynne said...

Oh Wow Max - you should use vellum more often - your card is absolutely gorgeous!!! thanks so much for joining us at In2Crafting this time - Good Luck xx Lynne xx

Irene said...

Hello Max

What a gorgeous card with such stunning papers and vellum. I think Vellum was my choice - sorry. I love the Christmas tree, those sparkly stars and your gorgeous, stunning bow Perfict !!!

irene
xxxx

Susan.... said...

That is an amazingly beautiful card Max ! Love what you have done with the vellum,also, l love the colour scheme,very elegant !
Hugs
Susan xxx

Pink Dandelion said...

What a beautiful card Max. I love your vellum tree and the Christmas tree embossing is fab. Debs xx

Beryl said...

Well I'd be delighted if this card fell through my letterbox. A brilliant idea for the vellum element and the bow is fabulous.
Beryl xx

pinkpuppy said...

Stunning card Max x

Kathlene said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous! All the thought and work you've invested have surely paid off. I love the gold and vellum combo. Just beautiful work Max.

starcyl said...

You should use vellum more often, this is a stunning card.
Jenny x