Saturday 10 April 2010

Thank You

My daughter and I will be leaving for Sunderland later this morning as she is competing in a ten pin bowling tournament this weekend, so I'd best get myself off to bed soon.  
While we're there we'll be popping in to spend some time with my fellow 'Bah! Humbugger!' Irene and I hope she'll show me some of the goodies she bought recently at the NEC - I have a bib packed in my bag ready to catch the drool drips LOL!   Too much information I know!
I had made this card as my entry for Charisma Cardz Challenge #14 so wanted to post it in case I forgot and missed the deadline.  Their challenge this week is to make a 'Thank You' - quite appropriate actually as I'd like to say thank to Carlyann for the help in claiming my super prize in last week's challenge.  Looking forward to receiving that through the letterbox soon.
I broke out my Kanban 'Spring Silhouette' set with matching papers for the funky tree and Waltzing Mouse 'Blessed By You' collection provided the lovely sentiment.  
They were inked up with Brilliance Dew Drop Pearlescent - Cosmic Copper ink pad which has a wonderful shimmer when dry - as do all these little juicy gems in the set I purchased from QVC.  Unfortunately, this doesn't show on the photo so you'll just have to trust me.
I had some lovely unusual brown mirri card in my stash, which was perfect for matting both the image and the matching backing paper, as well as punching the small circles for the wooden flower embellishments to sit on.   A length of brown organza ribbon was wrapped and knotted across the panel before adhering it to the main card.  I used my score board to de-boss a few lines around the image and emboss the mirri card for detail and the final extravagance was some Kanban self-adhesive gems.
Hope you all enjoy a wonderful weekend and I'll see you when we get back from our trip. 

6 comments:

Irene said...

Morning Max and Naomi

Oh I'm excited, so excited - today's the day I see my Bah!Humbug! matie.

Fabulous, gorgeous, wonderful card Max, I'm drooling over it.

luv
irene
xxxx

Pink Dandelion said...

Wow this is gorgeous. I love the ink colour you have used and the debossed lines just finish it off lovely. Lots of luck to your daughter for today. Hugs Debs x

Fuzzy Slippers said...

This is such a pretty card! I love the scoring detail, I'm gonna have to try that! Your work is very inspiring. :)

Susie Little said...

Stunning card Max!!! love the Kanban stamp.

Oh The Riendeer stamp is fron BasicGrey. "winterland" I think!!

Vee said...

This is fantastic, and very classy.Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous card love the colours,
hugs Dianne xx