Thursday 18 April 2013

Flutterby Butterfly

Today's offering featuring beautiful 3D butterflies will hopefully encourage Springtime to make an appearance.  We could all do with a little less wind, fewer grey skies and a big helping of sunshine to brighten up our days.  Sadly, if the forecasters are correct, I fear we may have to rely on a good helping of imagination, at least for the next week or so.  To compensate I thought I'd introduce a little warmth with these 2 pretty cards.

The patterned paper squares were snippets hiding at the bottom of my scraps box ... leftover from a previous project but I can't recall where I got them or who the designer is.  


They compliment the butterfly stickers beautifully and, once matted onto slightly larger squares of black and gold, are the perfect size for the cream 5" square hammered card blanks.


The sentiment stamp from Inkadinkadoo is mounted onto layers of card diecut with Spellbinder Nestabilities. Fancy-schmancy flourishes were created from Marianne Design Dies.

If I've read the rules properly, I can submit both cards to Flutter By Wednesday's Challenge # 236 this week as there's no prize on offer.  In addition to the compulsory butterfly or fairy, they're looking for a sentiment ... got that covered.

The Wonderful Wings Challenge at Crafts 4 Eternity is still open until Friday, so will sneak in a 2nd entry with one of these cards and as I've used leftover papers I thought I'd pop across to Pixie's Crafty Workshop to play for the 1st time in the Snippet's Challenge.
Finally for today, is another new one for me ... the Card Mania Challenge where they want entries with Diecuts or Punches.

9 comments:

jude said...

What Beautiful card Max love the colours . Hope your all keeping well xxx

Di said...

Hi Max

Welcome to the Playground! Gorgeous use of your snippets there - love butterfly cards and also a bit of a tease of Spring!

Hope you come back and play again soon, just gonna hop and add myself as a follower.

Hugs, Di xx

michele said...

Gorgeous cards! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Cathy said...

Hi Max, very pretty cards, love those butterflies :) Cathy

Sarn said...

Ooh Hello Newbie . . . come and play on the swings, I've saved one for you!

BEAUTIFUL little butterfly number here.

xxx

Evie said...

Beautiful cards. Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity.

DT. member.
Evie

Danni said...

Beautiful cards! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

scrappymo! said...

This is so pretty...very nice design!

Mila said...

Very beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges!
Hugs, Mila